Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Saying good-bye to give thanks day 2


Ok, after yesterday's lengthy post I'll keep this post to a minimum. Here is the 2nd card I did in a set of 4 using the Give Thanks stamp set. I watercolored the apples in green and red and then covered them in crystal effects to give them that shiny, waxy look that they have when you buy them at the store. I used kraft card stock and real red cardstock. On the craft layer right under the gingham red ribbon, I used my paisley cuttlebug embossing folder to give it that extra touch. If you look close at it you would realize that the part that should be raised up is actually indented into the cardstock and the part that is normally indented is the raised up part, why you might ask? Well I tried to sponge on some red ink on the front side and when I did it just looked horrible so what did I do, what any good stamper would do, turn it over and use it this way, I bet if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't have noticed. I then added my vintage brads and really that's it. If you click on the picture, you should be able to see the crystal effects on the apples.
I guess that's all I have to tell you today, Oh yeah one more thing, I'm having my For the love of stamps downline meeting tonight and we are doing the cutest project that I will be showing you at a later time and the best part is that I'm going to be offering it as a class for my local customers. Ok that's it I promise have a fantastic day and happy stampin!

No comments: