Monday, October 5, 2009

What I did during World Card Making Day

Good afternoon! I had a chance to do a little bit of stamping Saturday night. My father came over for dinner and then Craig and my dad started watching a "guy" movie. You know the type,  blood, guts, suspense, which gave me the perfect excuse to slip into my craft room. Yeah for me!
So I wanted to use a stamp set I had purchased about a month ago and haven't had the chance to use it yet. It's from the holiday mini it's called Charming and let me tell you how charming it really is.
I needed a thank you note to send to a very sweet, crazy talented lady who was nice enough to have a bunch of demonstrators over to her house for a great night of crafting, so I set off to work. This is what I came up with. What do you think? I used Not quite navy and really rust with dusty durango polka dotted ribbon and a little bit of very vanilla card stock as well. After I took pictures of the card, I decided it needed a little something extra, so I thought PRETTIES KIT! If you don't own the pretties kit yet, you really should. It comes with so many items it's totally worth every penny for those really special cards.
So after I added the 3 half back pearls I still thought it was missing something. I took one of the small flowers from the pretties kit and colored it in with my not quite navy marker and let it dry over night. I then stacked a bunch of beads on a hat pin with the flower in the center and added it to my polka dotted ribbon. Here is what the card looked like in the different steps.
This is the way the card started. Before I decided it needed something else.

Then I added the half back pearls to the bottom right of the card.
Lastly I added the hat pin full of beads and pearls with the flower that I colored with my marker.













Supplies used for this card.

Stamp sets: Charming, elegant thank you
card stock: Very vanilla, really rust, not quite navy
ink: really rust, not quite navy
Accessories: eyelet boarder punch, pretties kit, dusty durango polka dot ribbon, wide oval punch, big shot, labels die


Alright everybody, have a fantastic day and happy stampin!

No comments: