Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bundle of Joy - baby shower card



Ok so I had a baby shower to go to this morning at 10:00 a.m. so what was I doing at 9:30 when I should have been dropping my daughter off at my mom's house? Yup you guessed it, making a baby shower card. You would think I would have a whole box of cards ready to go that I could just pick through, but no I have to wait until the last minute to make my cards. Maybe some day I'll get better about that. So here is my baby shower card and this picture really doesn't do it any justice. If anybody has any tips on shooting pictures feel free to let me know.

This card uses the bundle of joy set. I stamped the bear in timber brown staz-on ink and then water colored him in using different hues of brown. For my card stock I used, pretty in pink, close to cocoa and chocolate chip along with watercolor paper for the bear. I added spots of glitter to the bear which doesn't really show up to well as well as glitter to the chocolate chip card stock layer around the bear. In real life it sparkles so nicely. I then added the 3 buttons on the left of the card with mini glue dots. It's hard to see in this picture but the close to cocoa layer has the moon and stars from the same stamp set stamped all over randomly and the chocolate chip layer has our paisley background stamped on it in chocolate chip ink.

I hope you enjoy and don't be like me and wait until the very last minute to make your cards. Do as I say not as I do!

Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: