Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby shower card


My best friend is pregnant and she is home from Italy for a week and a half so her sister (who is 8 months pregnant) through her a baby shower and this is the first boy in our group of friends, we have 7 girls and no boys so it was so fun to be able to go shopping for boy clothes for once. So I wanted to make her a special card and she's the type of person who likes modern clean lines so I knew that I wanted to incoorperate that into my card. So I pulled out my bashful blue and night of navy card stock and went from there. I was super excited to use one of the new stamps from our sale-a-bration set So Many Scallops which works perfectly with our circle scallop punch. So what I did was stamp the stamp 4 times. I stamped it in bashful blue ink, barely banana ink and night of navy ink on white cardstock and then stamped it again with night of navy ink on bashful blue cardstock. I punched out the bashful blue cardstock with our circle scallop punch and then I punched out the bashful blue ink on white card stock with our 13/8 circle punch. With my paper snips I cut out the barely banana moon and cut out the sweet one saying from the night of navy stamped image. I used stampin dimensionals to raise up the moon and the saying sweet one. And then on the moon I used, wait for it.....................
dazzling diamonds glitter with my two way glue pen. Having parts of the image raised up on the dimensionals makes it look like one of the expensive embellishments that you would buy at the store but I made it my self.

Here is a close up picture of the scallop circle so that you can see the moon and saying popped up. This card was a lot of fun to make. This card measures 3X6 when folded. It's a 6X6 piece of cardstock which is perfect to make out of a 12X12 piece of cardstock because you can get 4 out of one piece of card stock. The envelope was made to match the card. I used the 5in1 template from SU and made it in Bashful blue cardstock and then added a belly band to it in whisper white and night of navy and then added the same hand stamped embellishment on the front along with blue gingham ribbon which screams baby to me.


Here is a picture of the basket that I gave her with the card sitting in the front of it. Doesn't it go well with the basket. I also added ribbon to the handles of the basket in all different shades of blue and white just to give it that extra special touch. I really did have fun making this basket.
Well that's it for today.
Have a great day and happy stampin!

ps. my spell check isn't working so I apologize for any misspelled words.

No comments: