Friday, August 24, 2007

Our lil' Pumpkin-scrapbook page

So today I thought I would share a scrapbook page with you that I have been working on. I used one of the new stamp sets that will be coming out in the Holiday mini collection on Sept 1st. The stamp set is named Autumn Harvest and it is a super cute set (not to mention that it is DIE CUT!) can you tell that I'm excited about that. Anyway so I had stamped these 2 pumpkins and the leaves from the set and watercolored them all, last week. They were meant to be a card, but I had this cute title just swimming through my head "Our lil' Pumpkin", so I knew that I had to make them into a scrapbook page. So I went through my pictures and found these cute pics of Kayla from last fall, picking out our pumpkins so then I was off. What color papers to use? What alphabet sets? Well I knew that I had a package of the fall flowers designer paper so I rummaged through that to see which paper I wanted to use. As soon as I saw the striped paper I knew that was it. So this particular patterned paper uses really rust, sahara sand and white. So I knew that I wanted to use really rust cardstock on my page and then I was going through my scraps of papers looking at my greens and then I found this 8X81/2 piece of wild wasabi and I was sold. Then I just started playing to see how I wanted to the papers to end up, I turned the wild wasabi so it was a diamond and decided that I liked it better as a square, and I put the really rust directly in the middle and then tried it off to the side and thought that was more pleasing to the eye. So that's basically it. One more scrapbook page down, I won't tell you how many more to go! Here is a close up of the watercoloring, I love to watercolor it's so calming to me.




















Supplies: Fall Flowers designer paper, reallly rust and wild wasabi cardstock, Autumn Harvest stamp set, Big Deal alphabet, Typeset Alphabet Lower, Really rust and Wild wasabi classic ink, wild wasabi double stitched ribbon, watercolor crayons (earth elements), aqua painters, 3/4 circle punch, 11/4 circle punch, stampin dimensionals.
Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: