Thursday, August 30, 2007

Playground layout - full of firsts

So I have another scrapbook layout for you today. This layout is full of firsts for me. I used our new textured paper for the first time (and love it), I also used our
new crop-a-dile to set the eyelets for the first time( It's so nice to be able to do it all with one tool and silently also which is great seeing that I do alot of my work when Kayla is napping. I also used the word window punch for the journaling which is the first time I've tried that.



So let me tell you about the layout. I've started a notebook where I draw my sketches in there first before I even get out any cardstock. So I sorted through my pictures first and decided which ones I really wanted to use and which ones I could do without. Then I decided how much they could be trimmed down. From there I knew that I wanted really big scallops on one of the pages and I don't have any way of making really big scallops so what did I do? I took our big circle punch 13/8 circle punch to be exact and punched out a bunch of circles and then layered them half way behind the eggplant paper. I knew what colors I wanted to use right away because of the colors in the photos. Kayla is wearing a purple outfit that matches elegant eggplant and her sweater is blue bayou. So I used 12x12 blue bayou textured paper and elegant eggplant cardstock. Because of the white scallops on the first page I knew that I wanted to bring the white over to the 2nd page so I used the word window punch and punched out a bunch of those and used them to journal on. I also brought white over to the 2nd page by using my white kraft ink and rubbing it on the edged of the eggplant cardstock to give it a softer look, as well as bringing in 3 of the now retired SU small flower eyelets. Like I said earlier using the crop-a-dile to set the eyelets was so nice. If you would like to set up a time to get together to see how cool this tool really is, give me a call! For the title I also used the the white kraft ink with the typeset alphabet lower stamp set.
Supplies:Blue bayou textured cardstock, elegant eggplant and whisper white cardstock, white kraft ink, elegant eggplant marker, corner rounder punch, word window punch, 13/8 circle punch, small flower eyelets (retired) crop-a-dile, typeset lower alphabet stamp set.
Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: