Saturday, June 14, 2008

Boy birthday card

My nephew's birthday is tomorrow and I actually had the card done yesterday! Can you believe it! This is a 51/4 x 51/4 square card. This is really a fun size to work with. I used blue bayou, soft sky and so saffron for my colors, I think that they work really well together. I also used my eat cake stamp set. This is my go to set for birthdays, I love using this set. What I did was stamp the cake 3 separate times, once in soft sky, once in blue bayou and once in so saffron. I cut out the soft sky and so saffron parts of the cakes and popped them up on stampin dimensionals to give my card more dimension. I used 3 square buttons again in the saffron color. (I love how all of Stampin Up's products match, you don't have to go looking for products that the colors match.) I of course added glitter to the card, I added some to the right side of the cake and to the candles. I also added it to the soft sky background to give it an all over shimmer. On the smaller piece of blue bayou cardstock I used my happy birthday cuttlebug embossing folder. I love the texture that it gives to the card. This is probably my most used embossing folder. Well I hope you enjoyed the card today.

Have a great day and happy stampin!

Guess what I just found out. This stamp set is on the Stampin Up retired stamp list. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the agony, I love this set! Ok enough whining, have a fantastic day.





No comments: