Saturday, March 31, 2007

Creative Block

So I know that a lot of my customers will tell me that they have days where they just have no creativity. Well I have those days as well. When you are having creative block a great thing to do is to get out your catalog or one of the mini catalogs and get an idea from there. They are jammed packed with fabulous ideas, so why not copy them, that's what they are there for. I "cased" (that's what we call it in the stamping industry) the scrapbook page on page 10 of the spring mini catalog. I pretty much copied it exactly the way it is in the mini catalog. The only changes that I made are, the title, I added an extra circle and I changed the color blue, instead of cool carribean I used taken with teal. It's just a little darker shade. I love how the stamped circles look like designer paper, but really it's just the polka dot and petals stamp set and I used certain celery, close to cocoa and taken with teal classic ink. I absolutely love using stamps in scrapbook layouts. Our alphabet sets are a great way for any one who might be a little nervous about using stamps on a scrapbook page. They are so versitile because you can use them over and over again and just by changing the color of ink that you use you can use them on any scrapbook page. With the alphabet stamp sets you never have to worry about running out of a letter. I alway have that problem with stickers I never have enough A's, does anybody else have that problem?
So get out those catalogs and "case" them, that's what the ideas are for.
Enjoy and Happy Stamping!

No comments: