Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Noble Deer - "Manly" Card Class

So I have a "manly" card class coming up in May and I'm trying to prepare in advance for once. HA HA HA! So this is one of the cards that we will be doing at the class. This was the first time that I used the Coluzzle cutting system that Stampin Up! sells (That is how I made the ovals on the card). It's not to hard to use, but one tip I have for you is to make sure that your blade is as far down in the template as it will go, this helps to get a better cut. I roughed up the edges of both ovals using the cutter kit. I stamped the deers on very vanilla card stock with chocolate chip classic ink, and then sponged with close to cocoa all the way around the deers to give it more of an old, vintage look. I then stamped the trees on very vanilla card stock with always artichoke ink. I put a piece of always artichoke card stock under the tree image and roughed up the edges of that as well. On the base of the card I used mellow moss card stock and stamped the pine needle stamp with mellow moss classic ink. Something just didn't look right to me, the card did not seem finished so I added our weathered background stamp in creamy caramel ink to the base of the card. That's it not a terribly hard card but I like it. I hope you enjoy!
Happy Stampin!

No comments: