Friday, March 30, 2007

"Wild About Elephant"



This is such a fun card. Wouldn't this be great for a child or for your husband or significant other. I used the Wild about you stamp set as well as the polka dots and paisley set (I love this set, it's so versatile). I used vintage violet as the base of the card. I stamped the paisley down the right side of the card with vintage violet classic ink and then I used our white gel pen and added dots to the stamped image. On the True Thyme card stock I repeated the Wild About You sentiment over and over all the way down the paper to make it look more like a background. For the elephant I stamped him in cool caribbean ink , and then I took the polka dot stamp from the polka dot and paisley set and inked it up with vintage violet and I directly stamped the dots onto the elephant stamp and from there stamped the elephant to the whisper white paper. I stamped the elephant again with vintage violet ink on some scrap whisper white paper. I cut out the ear and taped it on to the cool caribbean elephant. On the small layer of vintage violet I also added the polka dots from polka dots and paisley stamp set. I was surprised at how easy these dots really are to line up. To finish up all the layers they each had a quick turn in the ticket corner punch to give it a nice finished look.

Enjoy and Happy Stamping!

No comments: