Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Glamour Girl

So I had the opportunity to do a scrapbook layout the other day and it was great. I don't get to scrapbook as often as I would like to. So I picked the pictures that I wanted to scrapbook and went from there. Over on SCS I looked under 12X12 layouts and found one that I really liked and would work well with my pictures so I used the layout from Onita76. Edited to add that you must be a member of SCS to view her great layout. In the pictures Kayla is wearing to shades of purple and they just happen to match perfectly with 2 SU colors Lavender Lace from the soft subtles color family and Elegant Eggplant from the rich regals color family. I used the stamp set Polka dots and petals to make my own scrapbook paper, I didn't have any that matched so what's better than making your own? As you can see I added a few pieces of the chipboard from the Blossoms & Basics chipboard package. For 2 of the chipboard pieces I stamped directly on them using the elegant eggplant ink and on the third piece I applied white Craft ink to the chipboard and then I heat set it with my embossing gun because I'm to impatient to wait for it to dry. I then applied another layer of the white craft ink and then I sprinkled dazzling diamond glitter (that I dyed my self to match the eggplant color) while the craft ink was still wet. I then heat set that and applied versamark and a layer of glassy glaze embossing powder to give it a shiny look. I then added eggplant and white ribbon in various places. I still have to add the title which will be GLAMOUR GIRL on the top left page and I will add my journaling to the white paper on the right page.
So here is a close up of the left and right pages as well as a close up of the chipboard flowers.
I hope that you have a great day and happy stampin!





No comments: