Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Vetern's Day! and a Christmas scrapbook page

Hi Everyone,
Happy Veteran's day to you! I hope you've all had the opportunity to take a minute and really be thankful for all the men and women who have served our country or still are serving. I'm very thankful for them and their families for giving me the freedom that I have, even to the simple things like enjoy a hobby like stamping without anybody telling me it's forbidden. We truly are very blessed to live in the country we live in and that might not be the case without all of our soldiers.

Ok off of my soap box and onto the project of the day! A scrapbook page! I haven't scrapbooked for about a year! I love scrapbooking and when I was getting my scrapbook ready to go to a workshop tonight, I realized how much I missed doing it. So after I was done packing for the workshop, I decided to do a quick page and I have to say that I really love it!
I used chocolate chip, real red, baja blue and wild wasabi. I also used our ornament stencils from our decor elements line as well as the big shot for the words. If you look closely you can see that I also used our shimmer paint and one of the stencils on the chocolate chip card stock as well as on the baja and wasabi photo boarders. I'll probably make a matching page to go with it, because I'm not a huge fan of 1 page layouts. I need the symmetry of a 2 page layout! Crazy I know.
The best part is that I have a page already to go for this Christmas, so all I'll have to do is slap in some pictures!

I hope you all have a great day and happy stampin!

Angela

No comments: