Saturday, September 8, 2007

garden silhouettes - black and white


So I've had this card in my head for a while. I love black and white together. I think that it can be so elegant. I don't emboss very often and I'm not really sure why, because I always love the effect that it gives me. Ok so I know why I don't emboss very often because it's just a whole extra set of supplies that I have to carry out to my dining room table. If I had my craft room set up so it was useable I would probably do it more often. I don't know if you can see it or not but I emobssed the swirls from baroque motifs in clear embossing powder on both layers of the black and it looks really cool in real life. I stamped the flower image on whisper white cardstock and then cut it out with my coluzzle cutting system. Scallops are so in so what I did was cut the next two sizes of circles with the coluzzle and then used my corner rounder punch to create the scallops. I also scallopes the straight white cardstock the same way. Then I used just a small piece of the grey taffeta ribbon and taped it down to the white scalloped circle and then used stampin dimensionals to pop the black circle up off of the white circle. I'm very pleased with this card, what would I do differently now that the card is done? I would have embossed the flower with black embossing powder to give it that nice shiny look and to go better with the card. I hope you enjoy!
Supplies: Whisper white cardstock, basic black cardstock, garden silhouettes hostess set, baroque motifs stamp set, coluzzle cutting system, basic black ink, versamark, clear embossing powder, heat gun, grey taffeta ribbon, corner rounder, stampin dimensionals.
Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: