Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Snowflake Spot - Soft Sky


I know that the lighting on this card is really off, but I promise that I did it on purpose. I wanted to show the glitter on the card and it's really hard to capture glitter on a camera. This seemed to be the best way to do it. So I have to say that I really like this card a lot and this photo really doesn't do it any justice. This card is one of the cards that we will be doing on Friday September 21st at our Christmas card class. I do still have a few openings so if your interested in coming to the class feel free to call or e-mail me.
The card uses the new background stamp Tres Chic, which I have to say lends it's self to many different cards. It's basically just a bunch of different words all randomly placed on the stamp. But the words that are on it could be used for almost any occasion. I stamped the Tres Chic background onto very vanilla cardstock with soft sky classic ink. I also stamped the snowflake in the soft sky as well. I used layers of soft sky and night of navy cardstock and the new double stitched soft sky ribbon. On the snowflake I used the 2-way glue pen (one of my favorite ways to apply glitter) and dabbed it on some of the dots on the snowflake and then applied our dazzling diamond glitter. This is my absolute favorite glitter, it's so fine that it covers nicely and it sparkles so nicely, especially at night when the lights are dimmed. Last year I used the glitter on my Christmas ornaments and let me tell you with the lights from the tree you would have thought I had real diamonds all over my tree. OK well maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get my point. Anyway enough ranting, and back to the card. I also applied the dazzling diamond glitter all the way around the edge of the soft sky cardstock just to give it a little extra sparkle.
Supplies: Very vanilla, soft sky, night of navy cardstock
Soft sky ink, soft sky double stitched ribbon, 2-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, ticket corner punch, Tres Chic background stamp, The snowflake spot stamp set.
Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: