Thursday, June 18, 2009

FRIEND - New challenge

It's a rainy day here again! But luckily I have some pictures taken already so they shouldn't be to dark. How did this weeks challenge go for everybody? It was to take a sample from the catalog and change it up a bit.

This weeks challenge:


Use something that is retiring! It can be a stamp set or a retiring accessorie.


You have until next Thursday to complete the challenge. Anybody who sends me a picture of their project will get it posted here on my blog.



On to today's card. I used the stamp set simple friendship. I really like this set! It's easy to use the stamps go nicely together. I used taken with teal, old olive, chocolate chip and whisper white. Not a color combo I would put together on my own, but I saw it on a card somewhere and I thought it just "popped". You probably can't see it but the chocolate chip paper is our textured paper which really does make a difference in the look of the card. I used the photo corner punch and paper pierced it. On the main image the "friend" was inked up with the taken with teal marker and old olive markers.
Got to love the markers! If you don't have the markers yet, then the marker club might be right for you. It breaks down the payment of the markers over 4 months. At the end of the 4 months you would get an entire set of markers with the case as well as a package of each of the 4 color families of assorted cardstock as well as a package of whisper white cardstock. To join a marker club call me at 413-863-3166 or e-mail me at c_riddell@comcast.net .



Stamp Club Update
I only have a couple spots left for the next club. I'm hoping to start in July. If you are interested in joining stamp club call or email me asap to save your spot and learn about all the details.


Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: