Friday, June 12, 2009

projects from "manly" card class & Challenge Time

Helllllooooo! Wow it's been 10 days since I posted last, sorry about that. It has been a very busy week and a half. I had 3 workshops, 1 club a downline meeting and a "manly" card class so I've been going non stop.

Today I have pictures to share from the "manly" card class last night. We had such a great time. Thank you ladies for coming and making my night!

We made 10 cards last night. We did 2 each of 5 designs, that way they can keep one for an example and send the other one out if they want to! Coming up with "man" cards can be more difficult. I did give them a few tips last night and you'll see those tips incorporated into the samples. A great place to start with "men" cards is colors, you want to use any shades of blues, greens, kraft cardstock or even red's or burgundy colors. Another great tip is to keep the cards simple with clean lines. No frilly stuff of course. Squares and rectangles work great for "man" cards. A couple of these cards I took right out of the catalog. I love the catalog it's so great for getting ideas. If you ever get stuck, just stroll through the catalog and you'll get some great ideas for layouts, color combos or even an entire card. Give it a try!

These first 2 cards are fantastic! The one on the left is straight out of the catalog, you can view it on page 134. I just changed it up with starts instead of a chipboard letter and changed the saying. I also changed out the buttons for brads. What you probably can't see in the picture is that the star is popped up on dimensionals which gives it an extra little touch and we also paper pierced the not quite navy piece of cardstock. The second card I came up with on my own, again very clean and modern. This would make a perfect Father's day card for anybody who works in corporate America. Doesn't that Manchester paper work perfectly on this card?

The next 2 cards are also a lot of fun. The one on the left was again taken right out of the catalog from page 47. I just changed the image and we used a jumbo brad instead of the corduroy button. The card on the right came straight from SCS if you go over to the lovely as a tree gallery you will see many cards that look just like this. The only thing I did was change the color combo and use a different ribbon.This last card is so neat we used the gable card technique where the card meets in the middle in the front. The cabin is cut out and actually popped up on the kraft paper. The part that I like the most is the inside of the card, which you can see in the 2nd photo. I took the idea from this card here and changed it a little to better fit mine and my customers needs.I do have 2 more "kits" available so anybody who didn't get to make it but would like to make these cards can buy a kit for $20.00 plus $4.95 shipping(if your local and can pick up, then waive the shipping fee).
Or you can buy the cards all done for $25.00 plus $4.95 shipping. That's 10 cards, 2 each of the 5 designs for $25.00.

You can e-mail me at c_riddell@comcast.net or call me at 413-863-3166 to purchase your kit. Remember there are only 2 kits left.

Challenge Time:
Take a card from the catalog and use it for inspiration to make your own card or scrapbook page. You have until Thursday June 18th to complete this challenge. E-mail me a picture of your card and let me know what card in the catalog you used for inspiration! Need some dimensionals? One lucky winner will receive a package of stampin dimensionals. So get to work and e-mail pictures of your projects to get your self entered into the drawing for the dimensionals.



That's it for today. Have a great day and happy stampin!

No comments: