Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthday Bliss boy card

I'm not crafty today! I tried, it wasn't happening! I was trying to do some coloring and it just wasn't working, my hands are much to shaky today and the markers that I was trying to use, need to be replaced. The tips where pretty bad.
I did come up with this card. This card, even though it is very simple, was very hard for me to do. For one the color combination is not one that I would normally use so it took a lot for me to use these colors. I also have been wanting to try out this technique called faux dry embossing and every time I do it I'm just not pleased with it, so it turned out ok on this card. Basically faux dry embossing is when you used punched out shapes and tape them on your card in the same color cardstock so that it looks like those shapes are "raised up" just like dry embossing would do to a card.
This is a stamp set from the idea book & catalog that I got for free! Did you know that this year during sale-a-bration there is a whole list of stamp sets from the catalog that you can choose for your free options. How cool is that! Stampin Up is so nice to us.
Did you notice that I used the new XL fancy flower punch from the spring occasion catalog. I love how the 13/8 & 1 1/4 circle punches fit nicely inside of it!

I also used the new perfect polka dot impressions folder from the spring occasion catalog. I love how versitile this folder is, there aren't to many limitations to it!
I also used my favorite scallop trim boarder punch, which you can get for FREE with a $50.00 stampin up order. Free is good!

That's it for today.
Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: