Wednesday, February 10, 2010

fun with circle punches

If you know me, you know that I LOVE using my punches. I think they are a quick, affective way to put a card together in a snap. Todays card was a thank you card for a dear friend of mine. She stopped by my house the other day and brought my a Dunkin Donuts carmel latte just the way I like it, for absolutely no reason. Those are the best kind of friends, they know you through and through and know how to make your day with a simple little thing like a carmel latte!
So I wanted to make her a card and didn't have much time, so out come my circle punches! It's a very simple card, but gets the point across, just fine.
I used a simple base of whisper white, and then added taken with teal. For the circles I used different scraps of paper from my welcome neighbor designer paper pack (free with a $50.00 order). I also used the whimsical words sale-a-bration stamp set, right in the center of the card. I love the fact that this sentiment fits right inside my 11/4 circle punch, LOVE THIS!

The next picture is a close up so you can see that only the sentiment circle is popped up on dimensionals.

Angela's helpful hints:
-circle punches used; 13/4, 11/4, 13/8 & 1 inch circle punches
-When using punches use up your scraps of paper first, it doesn't take much paper to use our punches
-If a sentiment is the focal image of your card, pop it up on dimensionals so it really does seem like the focal point.

Are you a fan of my angelariddellstamps facebook page yet? If not you'll want to be. I started a challenge over there today, just for my facebook fans and what is the prize you might ask? Well go find out!


Have a great day and if your in W. MA today, be careful out in the snow!
Happy stampin,
Angela

No comments: