Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby Shower card #2

So yesterday I told you that I had 2 baby showers to go to on Mother's day. Well here is a card that I made for the 2nd baby shower. This was made for the great-grandma to be to give with her gift. I also made a card for my gift, but I forgot to take a picture of that card. I wanted to make this card extra special for the great -grandma. So this is what I came up with.

I tried to add all sorts of bells and whistles to this card and really go over the top. I really like the way this card came out. I used designer paper, buttons, ribbon, brads, and the big shot!


I used one of my favorite color combos for little boy cards; bashful blue, celery, and not quite navy. The boat is cut out and popped up on dimensionals. The scallop circle part is also up on dimensionals as well as the not quite navy striped designer paper layer is also up on dimensionals. Do you see my perfectly matched "thread" in my buttons? Yup that's tiny strips of cardstock to match the card! I also stamped a matching boat on the envelope.
I hope you enjoyed the project today, if you did feel free to leave a comment!
Have a great day and happy stampin!
Anglea

No comments: