Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day card


Happy Saturday to you! The weather is perfect here. Bright and sunny with a nice breeze, so that it doesn't seem as hot as it is out. We are scraping and painting the side of our garage today. YUCK! but thankfully the weather is nice and it's the side of the house that's out of the sun, so I am counting my blessings.
Today I have my husbands father day card to share with you. It's super simple, but gets the point across.
I used a stamp set from the summer mini catalog. The set is called Tropical Party. I think that pretty much sums up the entire stamp set with those 2 words! I also used matching designer paper from the Island Oasis pack. I stamped a coconut drink and cut it out and threw it up on a couple dimensionals. I quickly added a library clip (retiring by the end of June, get yours now before they run out!) and tied a piece of soft suede polka dotted ribbon around it. (Also retiring by the end of June).

It's fun to use letters as the focal point of a card. And what I love about alphabet stamps is that you never run out of the most important letters like you do with stickers and  you can also make your letters in any color you want!
 Give  it a try! If you do decide to give it a try email me a pic of your project and I'll post it here on my blog.
That's it for today. MY husband should be home any minute with the primer for the garage so I've got to get off the computer before he see's his card a day early.

Have a fantastic day, enjoy your family and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: