Monday, June 14, 2010

What a busy weekend!

Wow what a busy weened it was! We picked 2 flats of strawberries on Saturday. Made 4 batches of strawberry jam, de-stemmed, washed and froze 8 gallon bags of strawberries. Sunday was my nephews birthday and father's day and I had the opportunity to meet my great neice as well!
Today's card is my nephews birthday card! I got this idea from the new catalog! Wait till you see this catalog, it is truely amazing! If you aren't part of stamp club, believe me you are going to want to be this year! I have a stamp club starting in July. If your interested give me a call or email me.
Anyway as I was saying this card came right out of the new catalog. I just changed up the colors and the size of the card. I love how they used the party hats from the set party hearty as a banner. Super creative idea!

Lots of dimensionals where used on this project! I used them on each banner and behind the "....and many more!" part. I also used one behind the red candle!


I drew in the line for the banners. I think I would do something different next time! Maybe the hemp twine or somthing.

Can you believe that I didn't use my big shot or any designer paper on this card! Just stamps, ink and cardstock. Wow!
.

I thought I would share a few pictures of our strawberry picking weekend.

The girls had so much fun. They both where very helpful in their own way.

Here they where posing with their precious loot! We picked 25 pounds of strawberries!
And here is what all our hard work acomplished, 29 jars of jam!

That's it for today. Hopefully the sun peeks out for a little bit today.
Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: