Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy sunny Sunday!

Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful out this morning! The sun is shining brightly and it's supposed to get into the high 40's maybe 50's today. We are off to spend the day as a family, but I thought I would do a quick post before we go.
Today I have a sympathy card to show you. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I don't like to make sympathy cards, they are very hard for me to do. And this one happend to be for a guy that my husband works with. Guy sympathy cards are even harder, you don't want it to be to fancy and not to cheery and you want to make sure that you have just the right words on it.
When I went to make the card last night I realized that I don't have much for masculine designer paper. Luckily I pulled out my sweet pea designer paper pack, that pack has everything in it, masculine & feminine papers.
I picked a designer paper (okayed it through my husband) and then pulled my other colors for the card out of that piece of designer paper.
I used chocolate chip, so saffron, whisper white & mellow moss. This is a color combination that I have never tried before, but it makes really great masculine cards. I'll have to use this color combo again.
Because this is for a man I really wanted to give it clean simple lines, nothing to fancy.

The thoughts & prayers stamp set is really perfect for Get well cards, Thinking of you cards & Sympathy cards.

I added a strip of designer paper to the inside too and added one of the sentiments from thoughts & prayers stamp set. I've actually never paid much attention to this saying before, but it's such a nice saying, perfect for this card.

Alright, that's it for today. I"m off to spend the day with my kids & husband! We have some really fun plans for the day.

Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela
Just a quick reminder that tomorrow (Monday) is stamp club. If you would like to join us and see what club is all about, please call or email me by 6:00 pm tonight to let me know. (I only cut supplies for those I know will be coming).
Please bring your adhesive.

No comments: