Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eat cake - retired but still a favorite


So I have a birthday party to go to this past Saturday for one of my good friends, daughters. So off I went to the store to buy their presents and found bags that I liked and went home to make their cards. I knew that I wanted to use my "eat cake" set. I love this set! You know what I love about Stampin UP!? I love their color selection. Look how well these cards match the bags. You would think that I bought the cards at the store to match with the bags. So anyway you can't really tell in the photos, but the balloons and the cake are cut out and raised up on dimensionals just for that extra little touch. And of course I added glitter to both of the cards. Come on, a birthday card with out glitter, NO WAY. The cards are little 3X3 note cards and very simple, but seeing that they are for a 2 and 5 year old and they are going to just end up in the trash anyway, I thought I would keep it simple.


So on another note, I have kind of a funny thought, well not really funny, maybe more ironic. I thought I would share it with you. Every morning I try to plan out my day (gets kind of busy, and crazy with 2 little ones and 3 business'). I try to figure out what's going to be for dinner and I always try to do as much prepping as I can in the morning, so that I'm not stressed out from 4:00 - 5:00 pm. Seems to be more of a stressful time of day for me anyway. So this morning I was thinking about what we had for dinner last night and I realized that I had left overs so I wouldn't have to cook tonight. Believe me that got me very giddy. So I was thinking that when I was a teenager and in my early 20's I absolutely HATED to eat leftovers and didn't really do it that often, if I could help it. So now that I"m almost happy, I look forward to leftovers days more then any other day of the week. Isn't that funny how we change when our lives change. Anyway that's it, I won't ramble on anymore.
Have a fantastic day and happy stampin!


No comments: