Saturday, January 23, 2010

Close to Nature - Happy Easter

How are you today? The card I'm going to show you today was so difficult for me for some reason. I'm not really sure why, but I got it done so that's all that matters.
I used one of my favorite color combos and my circle sissors plus tool. I love this circle cutter it's the best. You can make circles of any size up to  6 inches, you can make rings with it and if you take out the cutting blade you can stick in a pencil, pen or marker and draw circles onto anything you want to. It really is a cool tool!

I've had this close to nature stamp set for over a year and this is the first time I've played with it. How pathetic is that!


I used my circle scallop die for the big shot and then used my crop a dile to add the lacy holes to the scallops to give it a different look.


I used my circle scissors plus to make the different sized circle mats for the flower image and the happy easter image.

I used one of the rhinestone brads on the happy easter saying to give it an extra special touch. Plus I love anything shiny or blingy (is that even a word?).

Angela's helpful hints:
- I used the grass stamp and added it to my pale plum background cardstock to give the card a cohesive look.
-Using your Stampin Up markers on your stamp is a great way to add more then one color to your image. (always start with your lightest color first and work your way  to your darkest marker so you don't ruin the lighter markers.
-You're crop-a-dile isn't just for punching holes to add brads and grommets to your projects. Use it to add a decorative touch to your projects as I did here with the scallop circle die.
-Tape all you'r circle layers together and then run them through your paper trimmer so that you get an even cut like I did on the left side of my main circle image.
-Square cards are a lot of fun! Stampin up sells envelopes for this size square card. To make this card you will need a 51/4 by 10 1/2 piece of cardstock.
- sponging the outside edged of the main image, really soften the look of it. I started with pale plum and then sponged just the edges with perfect plum.

color combination: pale plum, perfect plum, cerinately celery, very vanilla

That's it for today.
Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: