Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti Releif Fund Stampin Up Style and get whale wishes





I know I say this all the time but I have to say it again. I love working with such a great company. Stampin Up has pitched in with the American Red Cross, to help those most in need right now.
Here is how it works:
From now until February 28, 2010, $2 from every I {Heart} Hearts stamp set you buy, will be donated to the American Red Cross’ Haiti Relief and Development Fund. The Red Cross is already well-established in Haiti, and this money will be used to provide immediate relief and long-term support through supplies, technical assistance and other support to help those in need.

What a fantastic way to help out. To order you're I heart hearts stamp set give me a call today.  This stamp set is super cute and works for a variety of occasions. The set comes in wood mount or clear mount. The wood mount is set is $26.95 and the clear mount set is $18.95. The clear mount set is inexpensive enough that you could get a few of them and give them out as gifts!


I want to help out too, so what I'll do is donate an $2.00 of my own for every I heart hearts stamp set that is purchased between now and Feb 28th. So purchase the stamp set through me and $4.00 per set will be donated to the American Red Cross Haiti relief fund.
On a totally different note here is what I had planned to post today!
Today my card for you uses the same color combination as a few days ago on my good neighbor card, but it uses a different stamp set. It uses the fox & friends from the spring occasion catalog.
Isn't this orange polka dot paper just to die for! This is another piece of designer paper from the ginormous paper pack called sweet pea. There are so many options with this paper pack. Designs for girls, boys, men, women, anybody in your life! I kept the card simple with clean lines, the scallop boarder punch and a simple line of ornage ribbon. I used the get well wishes from teeny tiny wishes, but any sentiment would work with cutie patootie whale. I think this would make a great birthday card for a little boy. It would also make a perfect thinking of you card.


Here you can see a peek of the inside of the card. I used the scallop boarder punch on whisper white paper and then a simple strip of orange cardstock.



color combination: tempting turquoise, whisper white, pumpkin pie.

Angela's helpful hints
-  To keep my card clean and modern, I only added a strip of ribbon instead of adding a knot or bow to it.
- Adding the scallop boarder punch to the main image, helps to incorporate the white scallop boarder into the card.
- Different size mats on the main image also help to keep the card clean and simple. Here I used 1/8 and 1/4 mats.

Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: