Friday, January 29, 2010

Demonstrator class - pics

Wow it's been 2 days sense I posted, sorry about that. It's been crazy here. I do have good news to share. I finally have a car again! It's been about a month without a car and let me tell you, I am excited!
Today I'm going to show you pictures of some of the fabulous ladies in my group of demonstrators. Ok I'll probably show you another project too! So I lied to all of Tuesday, I said I wouldn't be doing any stamping yesterday, but I did get a lttle bit of stamping done. But I can't show it to you. Why you might ask? Well I've decided to enter Stampin Up's Artisan Award contest. This is a contest that Stampin UP holds once a year. They pick 10 winners who receive a $500.00 Stampin Up shopping spree, $500.00 cash and the prestige of being one of the top 10 creative demonstrators in the company. Will I win, probably not, there are tons of talented demonstrators out there, but I figured that if I don't try I'll never know. I can't show you the projects until the contest is over, which isn't until the end of April, but I do have to tell you that the project that I was working on yesterday, blew my mind that I came up with it all on my own and it's all started with something I was going to throw away.
Ok, I've been going on long enough, so here are todays pictures.
This first picture is of Mel sewing together her little felt bag with Joanne giving her moral support in the background.
The next picture is Laura and Kathy working very seriously on putting their sweet pea stitched flowers onto the front of their felt bags.
And then my camera battery died! So if you would like to join us at our next fun demo class, contact me about becoming a demonstrator.
Here is one of the projects they did the other night. I did this project weeks ago and then I went on the computer and saw someone who did one almost exactly the same. I think it's funny that 2 people can have almost the same idea. I'll have to find a link to her pic so you can see how similar they are.
We put a cello bag of valentines m&m's inside, but you could use it for gift cards, a little photo album, how about 10 tags and You could do a 10 reasons I love you gift.

This project uses the I heart hearts stamp set, which right now for everyone of these I heart heart stamp sets that is purchased, Stampin Up is giving $2.00 to the American Red Cross Haitian relief fund. If you would like to help out please feel free to contact me to purchase your own I heart hearts stamp sets. I will also be giving $2.00 from every I heart hearts set purchased from me until Feb 28th.

That's it for today. It's bitterly cold here (negative degrees with the windchill). I'll be staying inside as much as possible today.
Get some stamping in today if you can.
Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: