Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good Wensday morning to you!

Good happy wednesday morning to you. Wow I can't believe it's Wednesday already, where did the week go!
I already have Kayla's valentine gifts for her class mates done already!. I made them the other day during nap time. They came together so quickly I couldn't believe it. All I have to do is fill them with candy and Kayla will make her valentine cards herself. Hmmm maybe I"ll have her do that tonight. Wednesday nights is our long night without dad. He doesn't get home from school until 10:00 pm so keeping the girls busy in the evening helps to keep me sane when I have no adult conversation for that long of a time.
So without further ado here our Kayla's valentine bags.

I used the basket & blooms die and ran it through the big shot and sewed them together really quickly. I also used the hearts & brackets die and used the little heart and ran red felt through the big shot. (by the way you can run more then one layer of felt through the die at a time. For the hearts I did up to 6 layers and it cut through all the layers like butta. The longest part of the entire project was stitching the red hearts on. I used yarn and just did an x stitch through each heart.
Here is another version, I used the sweet pea stitched felt from the spring occasion catalog in place of the felt hearts.


Aren't these super cute! I used regular white thread and just did a few simple stitched by hand in the leaf and then used my crop-a-dile and punched a hole through the flower and the front of the bag and stuck a old olive brad through it and that's all that's holding the flower on.

Do you like them, do you have a big shot yet? If not join my big shot club!

Have a great day and happy stampin!
Angela

No comments: